The kids and I had a FABULOUS day yesterday. We spent just about the WHOLE day outside. I have no idea why we don’t do that more often!
- played outside in the morning: having races with ping-pong balls and straws – so fun!
- had swimming lessons for my 5-year-old
- spent some time at the lake after lesson “swimming” and trying to catch these crazy minnows (no such luck).
- had a picnic lunch outside
- created a worm farm while the baby napped
- did some work in the garden together
What a fun day!
It’s days like these that remind me how special it is to be a mommy, and how blessed I am to be home with them. It wipes out all of the days of fatigue, power struggles, major meltdowns and “crazy yelling mommy”. It’s these days that I live for.
Thank you Lord for this special, gentle reminder!
We’re off to swim lessons again today and then to work. Hopefully these great feelings will carry us through today, too! If you wouldn’t mind, please pray that I will have inspiration at work today to keep the kiddos engaged and outta’ my hair for a little bit (without tormenting each other). Thanks!
Before you go, please check out my Dapper Snappers Review and Giveaway
Oh, and if you’re coming from iFellowship, welcome! I will try to get to everyone this afternoon or evening. If you haven’t linked up yet, please do so below and don’t forget to visit our hosts over at Seeds of Faith!