All right, I’ve been in kind of a funk lately and feeling totally stressed out. My pastor often talks about having an “attitude of gratitude”, and it really is time to change my attitude. He also talks about keeping a Thanks Journal. I’ve done it in the past, and it really does put things into perspective.
So here I go, for all to see. I’m going to list things that I really am thankful for and let’s see if we can turn this frown upside down! (hey, it’s working already!)
What am I thankful for this Thursday?
- That I have two amazing children that love me no matter how cranky I get.
- For my awesome husband who (recognizing my funk) took the day off yesterday and spent some time cleaning the house.
- That I get to be with the kiddos full-time. I’ve been feeling a need for a break recently, but I really am grateful that I get to hang with them and be instrumental in raising them.
- For my job. It’s part-time, it’s for my church, and my kiddos come with me. Love it!
- For my family. I’m talking mom, dad, mother-in-law, aunts uncles, siblings (or rather sibling & siblings-in-law), cousins, niece & nephew and my friends whom I consider part of my family. They are SO supportive and truly amazing. Thanks, guys!
- For our home and our daily bread. The Lord really does provide.
- This beautiful weather that we’ve been having!
Just writing this down has been cathartic. Okay, it’s your turn. Share some things that you’re thankful for and tell me if it lifted your spirits.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!” ~ Psalm 100:4 (ESV)